The Science of Selling
I don’t know why, but this book took me so long to read. I got out of the reading groove and not being super into this one didn’t help.
It’s likely because I’ve been in sales a long time but some of this stuff was basic. I guess it’s cool to know that some of tactics are backed by science but nothing captured my attention.
This one would be good for people not in sales or early in their sales career. It helps to understand why certain strategies are used and the desired outcomes.
I wanted something to make me think outside the box a little and this book didn’t do that. Take a hard pass on this one.
Some of the key tactics the book covers below.
– Engage buyers’ emotions to increase their receptiveness to you and your ideas
– Ask questions that line up with how the brain discloses information
– Lock in the incremental commitments that lead to a sale
– Create positive influence and reduce the sway of competitors
– Discover the underlying causes of objections and neutralize them
– Guide buyers through the necessary mental steps to make purchasing decisions