NYR over PHI in 7 games
The Rangers were my preseason Stanley Cup pick and I’m sticking to my guns.
- King Henrik’s swagger will devour Mason’s weak psyche.
- Ryan McDonagh is way better than you think he is.
- Philly: Strong up front, questionable D and G. Rangers: Strong D and G, questionable up front. What wins championships?
MTL over TB in 6 games
Habs are team, so this one is sketchy. I’m hoping I’m not blinded by what I see.
- Carey Price could win this series by himself.
- TB lacks playoff experience throughout lineup.
- It will make me happy.
PIT over CLB in 5 games
Columbus are just happy to be in the playoffs, not their time.
- Kunitz or Neal would arguably be the Blue Jacket’s best forward.
- Johansen will breakdown after carrying the team on his back.
- PIT’s forwards could make goalie Bob look like he’s back in Philly.
BOS over DET in 7 games
This one is tough. Bos has gone 7 games in last three first round match-ups.
- Patrice Bergeron is one of best players in the NHL
- No Zetterberg and a weakened Datsyuk
- FINLAND>USA when it comes to goaltending
COL over MIN in 6 games
Colorado got lucky with this matchup. They will make it count.
- Patrick Roy will literally not allow it.
- Name two other defensman on Minnesota after Suter……Exactly.
- The Maritimes will be routing for Nate.
LA over SJ in 7 games
This will be a war.
- The offensive engines on the back end are Doughty and Boyle. I know which one you would pick.
- LA has a better bottom six, that matters more in the playoffs
- It’s the Sharks, they never win. Unless you pick them not too.
CHI over STL in 7 games
This one is by far the toughest one to make.
- If David Backes is not 100%, that changes everything.
- Look at that Chicago D, just look at it.
- Hossa and Sharp are two of the most underrated stars in the league.
DAL over ANA in 6 games
I’m going Dallas cause Jim Nil seems like the nicest guy ever.
- Benn and Seguin have zero pressure, look out.
- Bruce Boudreau is a regular season coach.
- Everyone loves an upset.