Master Bedroom Project

We bought all older house a few years ago and have been slowly renovating it one room at a time.

We got to the point were we jut couldn’t handle our Master bedroom any longer. It had old pink carpet, shity fake gold fan and sheer curtains.  It was overall a terrible room. Below is a shot of the hideous space after we cleared most of the furniture etc.

img_7991

Closets before…

The bed was also a terrible piece of crap so I decided to build one for the dimensions we needed.

I wasn’t great at documenting my progress but below is how I built the headboard. You’ll see the completed bed a few pics below.

Removing the old carpet was absolutely brutal. It had this other super glued felt type under pad that was almost the end of me.

Painting was the first step of the rebuild. We used a colour called Artic Grey

Next was the flooring. We went with laminant for a few reasons. Our two other bedrooms have the same flooring and our only wood floor has been destroyed by our duck toller. Cost doesn’t hurt either.

We also figured we might as well update the closet to give us a bit more room.

Shot of the finished bed from above. Fan was also replaced.

img_8154

We used cheap crate boxes for side tables. We wanted more room on the floor and just painted the ones we found. Rug was a major piece and expense.

img_8245

Not a major upgrade but definitely a huge change for us. We now love being in our Master were before we hated it.

img_9293img_9292img_8548img_8549

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s